Welcome to the home page of Bedworth Folk Festival and thanks for visiting us!
Although over the years the Festival has grown into quite a large event it has still retained its unique “intimate” atmosphere: You can enjoy a whole week-end of music, song and dance for little more than the price of just a concert! - It’s a Festival to ”get involved in” - where the audience is (at least!) as important as the guests! - It's where the folk scene meets for its Christmas Party - for a good sing, dance and play, a good story, a good drink, some good company, and a really good time! - It’s the place to be at the end of the Festival season! ..... and it is the UK's biggest annual winter folk event!
Concerts * Singarounds * Music Sessions * Poetry & Storytelling *
Real Ale Bars * Workshops * Folk Clubs * Meet the Artiste *
Friday evening "Rock 'n' Roll Party" with The Men in Black *
Late Night Specials (Week-end Ticket Holders Only) * "Themed" shows and sessions *
Dance Displays * The Famous "Bedworth Voices Concert"
....... plus much more, and all based in and around the luxurious Bedworth Civic Hall!
- November 22nd - If you have booked cravan or campervan parking you should now have had your email with all the details, if you haven't (or have changed your email address since you booked!) please drop us an email and we will resend.
- November 22nd - Sorry but ..... Seems to be a problem with our Booking Line phone number (going straight to voicemail but not recording anything - great this technology eh!) - if you need to talk to us and can't get through on that number please call us on 02476345568 or 0247626 6347
- November 20th - catering at the Rugby Club this year is supporting forces charity, please give them your support! - Breakfast Sat and Sun and Late suppers Fri/Sat late sessions.
- November 9th - Very little Caravan and Campervan space left, this MUST be booked in advance to be sure of access.
- November 9th - Provisional Programme on web site
- November 1st - We are delighted to announce that although we will greatly miss aour good friends GU4 two former members of the group BILL WILKES & KAREN HARRIS will be appearing at the festival - also former singing partner of Pete Burnham (also late of GU4) SHEILA MOSELEY will feature in a concert spot on Sunday!
- 29th October - A further workshop has been added to the schedule, Sandy Watts will be running a Beginners Harp session (a strung harp that is not a mouth organ!)
- 21st October - We are delighted to announce that the wonderful GEORGE PAPAVGERIS will be our special guest on Sunday (1st December)
- 11th October - We understand that some people are missing out on the updates, please be sure to “refresh” your browser when revisiting to get the latest version of a page.
- 10th October - We have just learned the THE JOHN RICHARDS BAND will sadly be no more, at least for a year or two, so their appearance at Bedworth Festival (Headlining the Evening Concert on Saturday 30th November) will be their last performance for some time. Want to be there? - get your ticket now
- 1st October - Sorry Tickets go up to FULL PRICE from today - but they are still GREAT VALUE!
- May 5th - More Guests added - SEE GUEST LIST
- May 12th - On line booking system now activ
- 10th May - New web site active
- 1st May - Initial Guest List published
We are delighted to welcome ANTHONY JOHN CLARKE to Bedworth for the very first time, he has been on our “wanted” list for some time so we are really chuffed to get him along for 2013, also new for this year is the energetic DAMIEN CLARKE, hurdy-gurdy player extraordinaire (you probably know him as the kilted one dancing about the stage with Pressgang!) who will be appearing for us solo - what a treat! By popular request BARRIE and INGRID TEMPLE make a return visit, over recent years they have been one of most talked about guests so they are a great addition. Plus of course the vast selection of Bedworth familiar faces, and a number of new ones, from both the local and the national folk scene. Have a look at the Guests page for a run down of what is booked in so far